5.04.2005

The ascendant emotion

Just got back from the midnight madness, thought I'd drop you all a line. By you all, I mean the 3 people who know about this blog. I hold no delusions of grandeur, or mass appeal. It was total madness. Hungry hungry hippos, curly fries, energy drinks, and good company, all at 11pm-1am. Probably one of the best ideas the brains at Aramark have come up with respect to subscriber morale boosting. I'm feeling the love here people. Had nice chats with several of the most attractive people I know. Let me clarify attractive before conclusions are made. When I say attractive, I mean the literal dictionary definition, which is as follows.

at·trac·tive (-trktv) adj.
1. Having the power to attract.
2. Pleasing to the eye or mind; charming.

This is not necessarily circumscribed to the empirical, I mean attractive overall. These are people who ask, "Hey, how's it going?" and actually want to hear what you have to say. At least I prefer to think so. Consider: I could be wrong, which would make me A: a fool, B: purblind, and C: THAT guy who doesn't know people don't care. But on the off chance (well I'd say I'm at about 75% confidence, so maybe the on chance) that I am right, my faith in humanity is restored. As Alexander Pope once said (now a major motion picture's foundation, see if you can guess which film)...

"How happy the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot. Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd."

I know it's a little cliche, used the world over by petulantly presumptuous pre-pubescents in their blogs, but it's all too true. There are some things in life you can't unsee, can't unlearn. I'm not saying ignorance is bliss, merely saying it is better to monitor how jaded you allow yourself to become. Otherwise, with all the things not worth knowing in this world, you'll start singing emo or some equally degraded form of expression. I don't mind emo now and then, but seriously dude (as in dude singing), get over it. Ish happens. Don't let little things like your girlfriend dumping you and nuclear winter bother you. Worry about things that matter, such as the fact that my pimp hand is mad strong. Remember: Life, just like the pimp hand, is a state of mind. Stay positive, give thanks where it's due, and walk with your head held high and your cane gripped firmly. Oh, and be sure to collect the benjamins when the tricks head home. Peace out.
~Biggie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home